Portland

On the 19/07/12 the year 5, 6 and 7 got on a bus and went to Portland shire office for a parliamentary roll play. We went to learn what happens when a bill is made and the process it goes through. It was very interesting that when the bells ring they have three minutes to go and vote. It was very fun when everyone was getting picked to go and get the rolls. The room we were in looked like a massive space ship that had been turned into a building. It was really cool though my friend was premier’s assistant. We watched a video and we learnt the history of Victorian parliament I found out that there is 88 seats in parliament and the one party has to get at least 45 seats otherwise they don’t win the election. Premier – Jemma Tanner/ Deputy Premier – Josh Tanner /Environment Minister – Alannah Gow/ Clerk – Hayley Keane/ Deputy clerk – Mrs Clark/ Speaker – Tate Gardiner/ Serjeant in Arms – Caleb Johnson (in Windsor court dress) /Leader of the opposition – Amy Van Someren/ Shadow minister – Sophie Hines/ Member for Benalla – Sarah Seabrook/ Independent Member of Eltham – Callum Day/ Member for Melton-  Anna Finnerty/ Member for Footscray – Travis Surkitt/ Member for Swan Hill – Jakob Linke/ Member for Ballarat East – Nikki Milgate/

2 thoughts on “Portland

1. Hi Michael,
    This is a good account of our excursion to Portland to learn about the Victorian Parliment. I am glad that you learnt about how a bill is passed and that you had a good day.
    Best Regards, Mrs. Gow

2. Hi Michael,
    I’d like to see your post about the ideal school here. Can you copy and paste your text and add a screenshot describing your ideal school in the next post?